Our client is a privately held chemical company putting down roots in Nigeria to leverage the country’s vast hydrocarbon resources across production of petrochemicals and white petroleum products. The goal is to develop into a leading chemical company based in Africa with operations in two segments:
* Petrochemicals and Inorganic Chemicals
The Energy Division of the Company covers operations and business in petroleum refining and natural gas processing to deliver and globally market a portfolio of products which include Liquefied Natural Gas (NLG), Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) /gasoline, Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK) and Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) / diesel.
The Petrochemicals and Inorganic Division of the Company is currently developing a gas –to-polyolefins project to establish a gas-to-polyolefins plant for production of methanol, ethylene, propylene, polyethylene and polypropylene from natural gas.
The company presently needs the expertise, experience, and leadership of a General Manager, a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and a team of skilled and experienced engineers for various roles in development of its projects and in conducting its business and operations.
Initially an interim role which could last until expected operational start-up in 2024. Can be based 50% in Nigeria and 50% elsewhere in the world.
The General Manager position will be in charge of managing directing and coordinating all business activity of the company in the global oil, gas, and chemical industry. The ideal candidate will be a versatile and experienced business leader who is conversant with the trends and dynamics of global petrochemical and energy business.
The incumbent will be knowledgeable and experienced in project development, product offtake, project finance, negotiation and agreement of contracts, environmental permitting, technology licensing, and raising of debt and equity within the context of global petrochemical and energy business.
Reporting to the CEO, the General Manager will be a key member of the executive management team and may additionally have a seat on the board of directors. He / She will also play critical roles in helping to shape and guide the growth and expansion of the business.
* Bachelors or Master degree in relevant discipline: MBA preferred
* 8-10+ years-experience in senior management or executive position in various business disciplines
* 5+ years of progressive technical, supervisory or managerial experience in oil, gas or chemical / petrochemical industry
* Requisite expertise in project development, project finance, human resources management, financial management, marketing, projects offtake and operations (in petroleum refining, natural gas processing and /or petrochemicals production)
* Experience and success in preparing for, negotiating and closing equity capital raises
* Financial reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management
* Experience in managing employees, overseeing training, setting KPIs and processes regarding disciplinary action, and conducting management reviews
* Deep understanding of financial policies and procedures, including but not limited auditing and budgeting
* Exceptional interpersonal and public speaking skills
* Strong general IT infrastructure knowledge
* Ability to lead by example and inspire confidence
* Willing to travel internationally and domestically