Our client is a leading international consulting company focused on chemicals, energy and related sectors.
The Vice President Chemicals and Energy is instrumental in developing the consulting proposition for our client in the critical petrochemicals and energy hotspot of Texas and surrounding states and will play a core role in the wider USA leadership team. The incumbent will also be responsible for further development and recruitment of the existing team. A core activity shall be business development of Chemical and related Advisory services across the region, project oversight and some project management responsibilities. You must be a “subject matter expert” on the petrochemicals or allied industries. This role requires an excellent capacity to multi-task, motivate others, exercise good judgment and communicate with a wide variety of colleagues and clients.
▪ Proven track record in selling / business development of consulting services
▪ Minimum 15 years of industry experience with a specific technical and/or commercial focus in hydrocarbon processing, chemicals or renewables industries
▪ Experience within an operating industrial company (possibly internal consultant role) and ideally time within a top industry or management consultancy
▪ Primary degree in a subject relevant to the Energy and Chemical Industries (for example engineering, chemistry, economics)
▪ Relevant higher degree is a plus (Masters, MBA, PhD)
▪ Excellent presentation and confident report writing skills in English
▪ International experience is required and ability to travel frequently
▪ Project management, analytical and problem solving skills are essential
▪ Excellent communication and team leadership experience are essential
▪ Diplomatic in meeting and working with people, good cultural awareness
▪ Flexible and willing to work hours as necessary to accommodate workload