Our client is a leading company in marketing and distributing of chemicals and raw materials. They also provide logistical and related services to other chemical distributors and clients in sectors such as oil and gas, agriculture, paints and coatings, adhesives, water treatment, food, and personal care. The company has an extensive distribution network and logistical infrastructure in the Americas, India, and China.
The Global Category Manager, Non-Americas is the single point of contact for all chemicals sourced from countries outside the Americas. This includes (but not limited to) management of the third-party offices in China, India and South Korea, as well as purchases made in any country outside the Americas.
The main objective of this role is to ensure the company's requirements are met by leveraging global needs to maximize savings in Procurement. As part of the role, the person will coordinate the consolidation of the orders, leading and executing all procurement processes: category planning, sourcing, implementation, and supplier management within the area of scope.
• Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Procurement, Engineering, Business, Finance, or related subject. Preference for a European or American institution or affiliate.
• Procurement Qualification is desirable (e.g. CIPS)
• At least 8 years of experience in Procurement organizations of which a minimum of 4 years of applicable experience in managing a Procurement category or a customer account.
• Experience with sourcing from Asia to Western countries is preferred
• Fluency in English and Mandarin is essential. Spanish in addition is ideal